Find An Agent
Enter your zip code to locate an agent in your area.
The Claims Department at Michigan Insurance Company is committed to providing fast, fair, and professional claims service to our insureds. We strive to make every policyholder’s claim experience a positive one. We have a unique Claims System that offers both fairness and convenience for our policyholders.
Report a Claim
Policyholders, if you need to file a claim, please contact your local agent first.
Emergency after hours claims reporting: 800-255-7131
Auto Glass Claims: 800-255-7131
All MIC Claims Executives and Claims Managers are located in home-based offices throughout the State of Michigan. This provides the following advantages to you, our customer:
- The majority of losses are handled by MIC Claims Executives versus an independent adjusting firm
- Better understanding of issues unique to your geographic location
- Faster field response time
- Same day contact is made with the insured on most claims. For a claim that is reported later in the day, contact is made within 24 hours of receipt of the claim
- MIC Claims Executives are given a high level of decision making authority not found at most of our competitors
- MIC does not utilize preferred contractors. We believe strongly in the customer’s right to select their own contractor, and will work closely with that firm and the insured to reach an agreed price on the repairs.
- Claims Executives utilize construction estimating software to ensure that repair costs are consistent with local prevailing rates.
- On severe losses where the insured is displaced from their home or business, MIC will issue an advance payment immediately following the loss.
Auto Physical Damage Specific
- MIC does not utilize a direct repair program. We believe strongly in the customer’s right to select their own body shop and will work with that shop to reach an agreed price on the repairs.
- The insured is not required to obtain an estimate of the damage. A MIC Claims Executive will inspect the vehicle at the insured’s request, regardless of the amount of damage. If the insured does wish to obtain an estimate, no more than one is necessary.
Work Comp/PIP/Liability Specific
- MIC will conduct thorough investigations on each and every claim before making a decision on coverage or compensability.
- Our claims staff will take the time to thoroughly review the claims process with the insured person to ensure that they understand the entire process and address all questions to the insured’s satisfaction.